Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Changed Soap


Take away: Cut up the soap 
 Take away: Put into the microwave
 Add: Blue Ink 
 Add: Liquid Gesso
 Add: Nail Polish
 Add: Tacks
Take Away: Put into the freezer 

 Take away: Dropped on the floor

Final changed soap with base

While doing the changes to the soap, I went in with a very open mind with the type of alterations I was going to do to it. I picked the changes as I went along, instead of making a list and doing them in order because I felt as if it would make for more of an interesting outcome. In the end, after the changes had been made I then had to think of base to create that would work with it. A basic base is what I ended up going with since the soap itself was interesting enough to not have anything else added to the base to take away from it. So I just stuck with two pieces of wood that I painted white and stacked on top of each other. I then placed the two big pieces of the changed soap on each piece of wood and balanced some of the broken off smaller pieces on needles.


No comments:

Post a Comment