Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Architect Design





When creating my design I wanted to have roman, modern, and gothic architecture be the influence for my piece. Even though I had time periods to help influence my work, I still had difficulty with the starting point with my design. I knew I wanted to involve strings with what I was going to create, so I started to attach strings to two pieces of foam board, going in a cross over pattern. After, I extended the bottom with a piece of balsa wood going horizontal to give it more balance. From there, I wanted to start working on the underneath so I created two sets of stairs out of foam board that reflected each other. I ended up extending it more horizontally with another piece of foam board and from there I placed two pieces of foam board vertically behind it. Although, if I had left it how it was then it would have still looked unfinished and empty on those two sides compared to the middle of the design. I went back to what I did in the beginning and created more string work, but used white string instead to establish a contrast. To let the string stick out more I painted the bottom and top foam boards black. Even though I had difficulty in the beginning with my design I was extremely pleased with how it turned out in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment