Friday, December 4, 2015

Memento




One memory I can remember perfectly is the day my nephew was born. He was born in 2013 and I chose this memory for this project because he is one of the most important people in my life and always makes me happy. We were only allowed to use three materials for this and our memory had to reflect through the objects. I used the glass jar to represent how fragile he was when he was born and just like when handling glass, having to be very careful. The stuffing in the glass jar symbolizes how babies adore toys and with my nephew especially, he loves stuffed animals. I also have the stuffing coming out of the glass jar to exemplify the amount of love I have for my nephew, which to me is an overflowing feeling. On the bottom of the jar is blue ink that represents my nephew from a physical appearance being that he is a boy. I wanted to add some color to my memento and felt as if blue was an appropriate color that would stand out and represent my memory still.

No comments:

Post a Comment