Sunday, November 29, 2015

Soap Carving

First bar of soap






Second bar of soap








I chose a bear as the figure I was going to carve my two bars of soap out of. I began focusing on the negative spaces of the bear and started slowly carving where those spaces would be on the soap. After starting to get more of a shape with the soap I began shaving down some of the sides so I could start resembling the individual shapes that formed the bear figure. The part of the body that I had most difficulty with was the head of the bear and getting it to turn just like how it was on the figure. Once carving the soaps, I found that I had more trouble with the first bar being that it was difficult for me to get the proportions right with the actual figure. When working on the second bar of soap, I had an easier idea on how to approach it and form the shape from understanding where I had messed up with the first bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment