Sunday, December 13, 2015

Body Sculpture: Happenings




Link to video

Going into this project, I definitely had some trouble with what wanted to create to go onto my body. First, I decided I wanted to make something that was going to on my head and then came to the idea that it would involve my hair. I had then went out and bought a light fabric and was going to braid it into my hair and then keep extending the fabric down into one long braid. Once I had braided one fabric into my hair, I continued the braid down with different colors and different fabric materials. After I got it all braided together and laid out on the ground, my next step was figuring out what kind of movement I wanted it to do. First, I was testing it out by throwing it off the second floor of the art building to the ground, but had trouble deciding what to do once it was thrown off.  I began messing around with the long braid and came up with the idea of rapping it completely around my head. For my recording, I started out with having the fabric already being rapped around my head and then began slowly unwinding it off. Once the fabric was completely off my head I sat down on my knees and started to wind it up in a circular motion around my arm to exemplify the length of it more. Overall, I was very happy with my decision on using this idea for my body movement project.

No comments:

Post a Comment