Sunday, November 29, 2015

Masking Tape Shoes











The masking tape shoes are completely made out of masking tape. I purchased a pair of shoes in order to deconstruct the form. When starting the process layered the tape in a vertical and horizontal pattern.  This made the structure made sturdy. I traced the bottom of the shoe onto the layered sheets of tape to get the shape going and after that I started to roll pieces of tape and stuck them on the top, but after a little while figured out an easier way to go about forming the base shape of the shoe. To create the outsole of the shoe, I measure the sole of my actual shoe then took that tape and rapped it around. Next, I took apart one of my shoes by cutting out each individual shape that made up the shoe. I traced individual shapes and repeated the layering process. I worked on both shoes at the same time, but I did find that one of the shoes had turned out better with proportion. In the end both shoes ended up being very accurate with my actual shoes. As a result both shoes turned out looking fairly accurate to the actual shoe form.



No comments:

Post a Comment